My photographic ‘sense’ has been variously described as ‘magical’ or resembling the qualities of Haiku, “visual Haiku” a past commentators simile which I have kept close at hand for many years.
I like the idea(s) or perceptions alluded to by the term ‘magical’ as they quite aptly describe the way I feel about a diverse or sometimes quite beguiling subject matter. It conforms to the concept of transcendent feeling made concrete which is such an important aspect of a certain expressive drive in photography. Fascination, observation and intrigue. My interest in photography spans many years, beginning well before the digital era, but I enjoy (thinking about – if not always acting upon) the new creative challenges presented by the ever growing ‘noise’ of personal image making. I believe that the essence of true stand-out creativity is beginning to shift back to subject matter, narrative, camera craft and (of most interest to me) going that extra mile to capture something unique, but authentic, in the environment. I now feel that my main interest has shifted toward documentary and archival work.
- Cheshire Life – local interest publishing
- Global Film Makers – marketing & advertising
- House Creative – advertising agency
- ITV Granada – broadcasting & publishing
- John Swift Bespoke Homes – housing development
- Licklist – entertainment news & publishing
- Macclesfield Express – news & publishing
- NME – news & publishing
- North Star – advertising agency
- Paramount Pictures – film production
- PH Homes – housing development
- Silkonia – voluntary community
- The Gate Design Group – advertising agency
- The Refinery – advertising agency
- Typocom – local interest publishing
Stock Work & Requests
I provide many images for stock use, subjects include: Machines (railways), rare details of many things, nature, flora, telecoms, electrical infrastructure and more. All images on this site and my other sites such as Flickr, are available in high rez for commercial use. Please get in touch if there is anything you would like to use. Contact
Other Photo Sites
A collection of my artistic and general interest images that are available in ‘print ready’formats.
My flickr site has over 1000 diverse images, though many (600+) have local interest.
I tend to share a lot of images between flickr and Instagram and my account is typically eclectic.
Please note that a lot of photography that I share online is copyright and most images have watermarks or resolution limits. If you are interested in obtaining high rez versions of any of my images either for print or digital distribution then please get in touch either via this site’s contact page or the respective contact method of the site where you have found an image of interest.